Thank you to Lee Hall for nominating me. I read his blog every post and I enjoy the updates. It is a great mix of life, films and books. you also get book reviews too.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
These are the 11 questions Lee asked me
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as I was writing a book of “poetry” and I saw that others had done so before me. It also was an opportunity to get some thoughts out there. I realised that I’m not that great at it but I am getting better.
Who is your go-to blogging influence/blogger that inspires you?
I follow only 4 blogs at present:
Lee Hall who nominated me
Matt Streuli who has been blogging for a while and promotes his life infused with mental health positivity that has helped him.
Tim Walker is a writer who I follow and has featured me in his blog.
Name 3 music albums that shaped your life?
Shaping life is a strong thing to say. Queen’s Greatest Hits started me on a journey to have something that I liked and was able to proudly love. Even went to see Queen in concert.
y second album would be Sgt Pepper by The Beatles. Why it has shaped my life is that I remember it from music lessons in school and when I was 21 I bought it as it was 20 years since it’s release. I was able to remember some of the songs and that one of my best friends from school was into the Beatles. My other reason for how it shapes my life is my wife (girlfriend at the time) is from Liverpool.
My final album would be Costello Music by The Fratellis Somehow I heard some of the songs so asked for the album. Luckily I have also seen them in concert too. This got me out of some ‘old fogey slump’ that I got myself into and started to feel a little more up to date. Sadly I am now in this old fogeyness again but will find some more music to inspire me.
Is there something out there who you think is underrated?
I think that Marmite is underrated.
Which season of the year do you prefer and why?
I love all Seasons but if pushed I would have to say Summer.
Name a television show or film you couldn’t live without?
As a nerd I couldn’t live without quiz shows. Need to see one a couple of times a week. Really like University Challenge
What are you currently reading?
I have a couple of books on the go. Arthur Dux Bellorum which is a new take on the Arthurian story written by Tim Walker- friend. I am also about to start a poetry book written by a new friend
What are you currently writing?
I am writing my 3rd poetry book as well as thinking about writing a book or play. My ideas are around a tv show but haven’t got vey far with that.
• Name something you don’t like but ‘everyone’ else does?
people seem to like Love Island or Big Brother but I think it is mindnummung garbage
Do you have a profession outside of writing/blogging?
I am a mental health nurse
Name a place you’ve always wanted to visit but never have?
I want to go to the US
My questions for the nominees are:
1. Why did you start to blog?
2. what are your 3 favourite books from childhood
3. If time-travel was a possibility, what period in history would you like to visit?
4. What is you favourite meal?
5. How would you spend an unexpected windfall of £50,000 (you can’t save it)?
6. Is there a hobby that you’d like to take up if time and cost were not relevant?
7. If music were the food of love, what musical track would you like to eat your meal too?
8. What 5 words describe you (you may explain if you wish)?
9. Do you think that tomatoes are fruit?
10. If you could be a celebrity who would you be?
The bloggers I nominate are :
Dane Cobain who is a multitalented writer, musician, book reviewer and ran a local spoken word and inspired me to publish for myself
Matt Streuli is a multitalented actor, blogger, mental health advocate and pantomime dame.
Tim Walker is an author of books, short stories, drabbles and poems and always has a piece to share when I see him